Our aim at Strode's College is to provide help and support to students to enable them to achieve their potential despite any financial barriers they may encounter. This page provides information on the different types of financial support that may be available to students and what is currently on offer and the criteria which apply.
What type of Financial Support is Available?
✔ Free College Meals – lunch or breakfast available from the College Canteen for each day the student attends.
✔ Discretionary Bursary for Travel – a travel subsidy for days attended at College. Please note that this is not intended to fully cover the costs of travel.
✔ Discretionary Bursary for General Support – a one-off payment for costs such as exam fees, books, equipment, trips (not University trips) or stationery. Usually, the College will buy these directly on behalf of a student.
✔ Nominated Bursary – A yearly bursary of up to £1,200 is available to vulnerable young people and young people who are in Local Authority care or who are care leavers.
Students experiencing extreme financial hardship can apply for the Foundation Support Fund. The money is provided by the Trustees of the Strode's Foundation, which originates from the will of Henry Strode in 1704.
- The Worshipful Company of Coopers
< The Company provides a wide range of assistance to Strode’s students, from Higher Education bursaries to travel awards for ambitious, individual enrichment activities.
- Egham United Charity
- Richmond Parish Lands
< Students who live in postcodes TW9, TW10 or SW14 may be able to receive help from this charity. Application forms can be obtained from the charity by calling 020 8948 5701 or visit the website for more details at www.rplc.org.uk
Egham Education Trust
The Trust helps students who live in Egham who are in particular need of financial assistance to meet the costs of their studies. Financial help is also available for students undertaking Duke of Edinburgh Awards.</li-->
Barnes Workhouse Fund
Students who live in the SW13 postal area of London can apply for a grant relating to education. Visit the website www.barnesworkhousefund.org.uk for more information.
A grant search engine with information on charitable funds tailored to postcode areas is available at www.turn2us.org.uk
- The Datchet United Charities Students who live in the ancient parish of Datchet can apply for help with travel expenses, books, etc. Call 01753 541883or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Who can I talk to for more information and advice?
To talk to someone about Financial Support or Free College Meals, please contact Student Services on the details below:
Telephone: 01784 228606
Moodle: Student Life
How do I apply?
Application forms for the bursary are now available on the website via the link below, via email request to email@example.com, or telephone request to 01784 437506
- Forms should be returned to the Student Services in the Student Centre in person, by post to Student Services, Strode’s College, High Street, Egham, TW20 9DR or via the email address above, along with full supporting evidence.
- Applications received after 1 July 2017 will be processed over the Summer break. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee early payment for applications after this date, however we will do our best to accommodate these where possible and will inform all applicants of a timeline for payments once the applications have been approved. All applications are processed on a first come, first served basis and are subject to available funding.
- Please remind students not to purchase equipment / books etc themselves without first confirming that we are able to reimburse these costs.
- 2017/18 Financial Assistance Statement
Quick Guide to Financial Support
- Student Finance Application Form